Please sign in to post.

Supplements

I got a letter from my Doctor specifying what medicines; prescription and over the counter medicines I will be bringing to Istanbul. I was wondering if there will be a problem if I bring vitamins and supplement s in their original container

Posted by
43 posts

I have the same question! I take a handful of supplements that I take (e.g. red yeast rice for cholesterol). I am also slightly worried they'll take my anti-depressant and Gabapentin away. I sure hope someone comments before we leave on Oct. 1!

Posted by
27122 posts

I flew from Warsaw to Istanbul (IST) recently. I had a bunch of pills (including some prescription meds) in my carry-on bag, a larger quantity of vitamins and supplements in my checked bag and a small baggie of self-labeled OTC painkillers, etc., in my purse. No one showed any interest in my pills, but being a 71-year-old female probably didn't hurt. I carry copies of prescriptions and dosage instructions for OTC meds in the same place as the prescription pills. As my (very long) trips progress, I begin mixing pills in containers to reduce the bulk, which no one would ever officially recommend. I just mentally cross my fingers and do it.

I would be more careful if I needed to carry narcotics; things like that should always be in the original container, and a doctor's note might be helpful.

I think the odds of running into a problem are very, very low.

Posted by
10 posts

We just returned from Turkey and I carried three prescriptions in their original bottles and no one in airports in London, Istanbul or Izmir looked at them at all. My husband had random baggies of vitamins and supplements and, again, no one looked at them at all.

Posted by
4 posts

I left my vitamins and supplements at home because I did not know. I am currently in Istanbul vacationing right now. The only thing checked in customs was my passport. I handed the agent my visa but I am not sure she looked at it.

Posted by
27122 posts

I had my eVisa on my phone and no one ever checked it. I suspect those things are just $50 contributions to the Turkish government.

Posted by
27122 posts

I would not do it unless I found a current government website saying it's legal for a traveler to import them. << Just one person's opinion, but I wouldn't like to see the inside of a Turkish prison.

Posted by
54 posts

I would NOT take any CBD gummies into Istanbul as much as I understand why you'd want to. Me too.
I've been to Istanbul twice and nobody ever cared about my prescription meds or supplements.