Please sign in to post.

SRM Travel

Hi! I'm leaving for Turkey on Sunday, March 26th. I've been using your guidebook for Istanbul, Ephesus and Cappadocia. I've been in email contact with Lale Surman from SMR travel via the recommendations in the book about a private tour of Ephesus. My last email from Lale was March 7th. I asked her to send the booking form for the tour. Have heard nothing since. Their phone number no longer seems to be in service ( I called and a friend in Turkey called). Does anyone have any current information on the SRM Travel agency?

Posted by
4585 posts

Just a point of clarification, while they may have an office space that is closed, the company is still most certainly in business. Their guides lead the Rick Steves Best of Turkey and Best of Istanbul tours.

(I'm not even sure it's the same company. Lale's company is SRM Travel. Perhaps that is not the same as SRM Tourism, as found on Google Maps.)

I wonder which email address you are using. You might try the one on the "Contact Us" page for SRM Travel:
http://www.srmtravel.com/contact.html

It is a more general email that might reach others at the company, rather than Lale's direct email address, if that's the one you were using.

Posted by
6 posts

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I've been using the correct website and email address. I find it strange though that the last email communication I had from Lale was on March 7th. In my response, I asked her to send me the booking form and have not heard from her since. Not what I expect from a Rick Steves guide.
I will try their more general email address--which is the one I first used--then Lale responded with her address: lale@srmtravel.com

Posted by
4585 posts

That does seem out of character. Lale was always very responsive when I emailed her before my tours.

I also found this website:
http://lalearan.com/

It has the same general contact email (tour@srmtravel.com) and does show the "SRM Turism" name and location.

I hope everything is ok with Lale.

Posted by
6 posts

@CWSocial Thank you for your encouragement to contact Lale via the general SRM email address. Lale, did respond last night. She explained that they have been affected by the earthquake--helping with humanitarian relief efforts--and the start of the tourist season. She was grateful for the info about Google showing that they are permanently closed--totally inaccurate--and will look into getting that rectified. She sent the booking form per my request.
Thank you for your help!

Posted by
4585 posts

dbrindis1, thank you for reporting back. I'm very glad to hear that you're back in touch with Lale. I can understand that the tour guide community in Turkey would be helping, along with so many others, with the humanitarian effort, as they were gravely impacted.

Have a wonderful time in Turkey!

Posted by
6274 posts

She was grateful for the info about Google showing that they are permanently closed--totally inaccurate--and will look into getting that rectified.

I suggested an edit to Google as well, which might help, notifying them that they are open. They should check into it so hopefully Lane will get back with them soon.