Please sign in to post.

Planning a trip to Turkey in April 2023 - appreciate suggestions

I am planning a trip to Turkey in April 2023 for three weeks. Will appreciate suggestions for a no rush itinerary. We will need tour guide services to assist with travel arrangements when in Turkey and hotel recommendations. Any suggestions for a reliable tour guide company in Turkey that we can get in touch with? We will be travelling from the US to Istanbul in April, 2023. Appreciate some insights.

Posted by
1189 posts

Hello from Wisconsin,
Accommodations: The Hotel Side. A family run place. Much more like a B&B. Breakfast on the roof with views of both the Blue Mosque and Aya Sofia. Last I looked is was in the 58-90 Euro per night range and that includes the breakfast. Rooms on the first floor and above are best. And for a real treat of Agatha Christie..there is the Buyuk Londra Hotel (Grand Hotel London) 6\$60 to $100 per night. You won't believe this place. It is on the Galata side of the Golden Horn. Check it out on line. But if you aren't up to something a bit odd there are Holiday Inns. Next trip back to Ist this is where we will stay.

Side is pronounced, sid' a, short i, long A.

From its location most everything a tourist would want to visit is within easy waling distance. Let me recommend the Kucuk Ayasofia. It is older than the big Aya Sofia. Usually the door is ajar. I found the place enchanting and there have never been tourists. Up stairs is a pile of prayer rugs. Probably worth a fortune.

The Museum of Arkeology is great. They have ancient objects outside along the sidewalk that aren't good enough to gain admittance to the museum. If they were in WI people would drive miles to see them. Don't forget the water cisterns.

Food for lunch: On either end of the Galata Kopriusu, the bridge to Galatan Tower, on the side way from the Bosporus, you can buy fish sandwiches and a glass of lemonade. On the Enonuno side it is designed for tourists to some extent although many many locals eat there. On the Galatan side the sandwiches and more are available in the fish market. Screw up your courage and visit the fish market.

wayne iNWI