Please sign in to post.

Itinerary feedback request

Hello, thank you in advance for your advice.
I'm planning a 2-wk trip to Turkey with the following itinerary:
Istanbul 4 days
Cappadoccia 3-4 days
Pamukkale 2 days
Bodrum 3-4 days
Istanbul 1 day/night

do you recommend this itinerary or are there better things to see? i don't want to spend too much time on the road and prefer to be at one place for at least 3 days.

can you recommend safe mode of transportation from Pamukkale to Bodrum? is it a bus or car? i prefer not to rent a car.

Also, any issues navigating without translator/guide?

thank you!

Posted by
2177 posts

Have you already seen Ephesus? If not I highly recommend you substitute it for Pamukkale. I have not visited Pamukkale but have read many negative reviews. Ephesus is a can’t-miss site for Turkey.

Posted by
33 posts

We just returned from a month in Turkey. We spent 5 days in Istanbul but I think it could be done in 4. The lines for the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and the cistern were extremely long. Late afternoon worked best for us at the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia but we gave up on the cistern because we didn't want to waste hours in line. We spent 5 nights in Cappadoccia and did not think it was too long but we like to hike so that took some of our time and we had a rental car so visited some of the sites near by. We spent 2 nights in Bodrum and that was plenty for us.

We often encountered non-English speakers. Google Translate worked just fine.

Have fun!