Please sign in to post.

Istanbul Tour Guide

Can anyone recommend a good tour guide, with a vehicle, to show us around Istanbul? One that will hit all of the high spots and maybe some unknown hidden gems we wouldn't know to ask about. On both the European and Asian sides of the Bosphorus Straight.

Thanks... you guys are helping us pull together a great trip!

Posted by
7049 posts

A vehicle will likely be an impediment as many sites are close together and best seen on foot, traffic can be insane as well. There are a few locations where a car can be a benefit but probably still not the best choice. Try SRM Travel and check out Rick's book on Istanbul. It's easy enough to do on your own as well.

Posted by
35 posts

I've used a guy by the name of Furkan Gokcel for a couple of trips to Turkey. His website is https://www.privateistanbulwalkingtours.com/ Depending on what you want to see he will either do a combination of walking and public transportation or he can hire driver/van if needed. And he is well reviewed on TripAdvisor. I especially love his food tour.

Posted by
183 posts

I have been to Istanbul many times, but when I bring friends for their first time there, I much prefer to hire a guide. I just returned from Istanbul. Once again hired the same guide. His English is excellent, he is funny, very knowledgeable, and nice! I highly recommend him.

Tour guide is: Metin Koca
Cell phone: + 90 (533) 322 00 85
Email: metinkoca@gmail.com

Get the WhatsApp app on your phone. Everyone in Turkey (and Europe) uses it. You can reach Metin by messaging him on WhatsApp or send him an email. Tell him Michelle recommended him. He is not a friend, nor will I get anything by recommending Metin. I just want others to have a chance to benefit and enjoy his experience and excellent English. Many of the tour guides speak some English, but you get much more out of a tour if the guide speaks superb English. He will do wonderful walking tours with you. Getting around by car is more trouble and difficult than it is worth. Many sights to see are in the same area.