I'm going to Turkey for this first time this July with my husband and 2 daughters ages 7 & 10. Minus the travel time we have 14 full days to work with. We are flying in and out of Istanbul. I want to spend a good amount of time in istanbul but I also want to see Cappadoccia and get to relax on the beach for 3 or so nights. I'm looking for the most Turquoise water. Some have told me to go to Antalya while others have recommended Fethyia/Olu Deniz. I'm leaning towards Olu Deniz. Since we are doing historic sites in Istanbul I am thinking of skipping Epshesus since it will be hot and my kids will likely be bored (they just want to swim!). My dilemma is figuring out the best routes so we are not wasting time driving or busing but rather maximizing play time.
1) question: Any recommendation how to best travel between these three areas (Istanbul, Cappadoccia and Olu Deniz)
2) should I just pick one beach area or try to do more (some told me to drive along coast staying in diff areas but my husband thinks that will be too hectic
3) anything I'm missing out on??
- Arrive and stay 3 days in Istanbul
- Fly to Kayseri to Capapdiccia 2 days
- Go to Fethyia/Olu Deniz 3 days (but how do we get here?? Or is it better to go here after Istanbul and then go to Cappadoccia after)
- go somewhere else for another 3? Maybe Antalya?
- return to Istanbul 2 days