Please sign in to post.

Istanbul Hotel

I'm arriving in Istanbul 3 days before the tour and leaving 2 days after the tour ends. Do you have any suggestions for a central, convenient hotel. (moderately priced)

Posted by
811 posts

you can check out old city viva hotel. it's behind the train station very close the tram line. you can walk to the old city center and the grand bazaar, and when I stayed there I walked to just about any place in the city, it's not that big. the hotel is pretty clean and updated. not expensive, very good breakfast, and I would stay there on my next visit.

Posted by
15582 posts

We stayed at the Erboy Hotel in October and were very satisfied, modern, clean, excellent breakfast, terrific staff, very convenient location, 5-15 minutes' walk to many of the top tourist sights and a couple minutes to the tram.

Posted by
8293 posts

It has been a few years since we were there, but we liked the Empress Zoe in the Sultanhamet area. At the time it was owned by an American woman.

Posted by
51 posts

Hotel Troya off of Istiklal Street is very nice and well situated in the "new town". It has had a recent renovation, is very modern in function and design, friendly and has a great breakfast buffet on the top floor overlooking the city!

Posted by
3696 posts

I also stayed at Old City Viva and found the location to be perfect. It is not a luxury hotel by any means but was a great price, and a wonderful breakfast. I would stay there again.

Posted by
158 posts

We were in Istambul two weeks ago, and we loved it!!! Hopefully you will enjoy the city as well. We were looking for a hotel with your same requirements , we found Hotel Salinas, and we liked very much! great staff, so helpful, kind and attentive! ... very good experience we had at this hotel.