Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Istanbul

Appreciate recommendation for a nice boutique type hotel in the old part of istanbul.

Posted by
6788 posts

I liked the Hotel Historia (often listed as "Hotel Historia-Special Category"). Perfect location for us (right in the old and historic Sultanahmet neighborhood, where many of the city's top attractions are nearby). Tucked away on a quiet street, so it did not feel overwhelmingly busy or crowded, but just a couple minutes walk to the big sights. Rooms were quite small but comfortable (as long as you don't trip over you bags while squeezing past...). Some rooms with sea views from a private terrace.

Posted by
81 posts

We returned from our trip about 2 weeks ago. We stayed at The Magnaura Palace - Istanbul. It is on a side street from the Sultanahmet neighborhood. We found it to be in the perfect location, very quiet, great staff and a wonderful included breakfast buffet. The breakfast area looks out over the water and also you can see both Hagia Sofia and The Blue Mosque perfectly from there. Our room had a balcony overlooking the water. We could walk everywhere we wanted to see from The Magnaura Palace and for those places that were a little further they helped us arrange a tour. I highly recommend the hotel and would stay there again if I am ever in Istanbul. Happy Travels to you. Istanbul is a wonderful city and I loved my time spent there.