Please sign in to post.

Ephesus, Turkey

Has anyone recently traveled to this wonderful location? I will have a day visit avail to me in the next month. I wish to know if u experienced any safety concerns during your visit. This will be my second visit if i go.

Posted by
6 posts

My family of 5 were in Ephesus 3 days ago. My kids are age 14,11, and 9. We loved it! We hired a local guide. We felt perfectly safe! My kids had the best time. We hired a local guide named mert taner. Awesome! We found him through the Rick steves office and through another Rick steves guide named Lale Aran. We were there for 2 days. We also did capadoccia for 3 days and Istanbul for 3 days. Awesome and safe!

Posted by
202 posts

I took my 16 yo daughter there last year and we rented a car at the airport. We stayed in a wonderful guest house, we found a dog and left him with the guesthouse owner who tried dilligently to find it's owners. I picked up a belgium family and gave them a ride to Mary's house. Then I picked up a young man walking down the street. He was kind and refused to let me drop him off where he needed to go but instead directed me to the church ruins I wanted to visit and he walked from there. Niether of us speaking each others language. I would move to Ephesus in a heart beat! Honestly the best Ruins I have visited anywhere in the world. 1st class all the way. I also don't believe in fear, I live my life believing in Karma. (Why I'm always picking up strangers and giving them rides).

Posted by
7049 posts

I went there on the RS tour a few years ago...it was an amazing site, not to be missed. What kinds of "safety concerns" are you thinking of? I would not hesitate to go there even independently (I did a solo trip to Turkey several times).