Please sign in to post.

Best of Turkey 13 day tour 2014

I'm thinking of taking the above tour which dates are in October/November 2014. I would like to know that the weather is like temperature wise. (Hot/Cold)? Would I bring a jacket/coat?

Posted by
4637 posts

It probably will be still warm in Istanbul and Antalya but in the mountains of Cappadoccia could be quite cold especially at night. I would definitely bring a jacket and sweater.

Posted by
833 posts

Hopefully early November won't be bad, but when I was in Istanbul over Thanksgiving in 2011 it was freezing. Colder than Switzerland and England were around Christmastime that year. So I would definitely bring a jacket in case it drops down. Keep an eye on the weather you go, find sites that show the yearly trends. I was wearing a sweater and a wool coat over that, but had to stop in cafes and buy çay every few hours to thaw out.

Posted by
1506 posts

We were in Turkey in late September through early October 2013, beginning in Antalya and ending in Istanbul. The temps were in the 70s and above which is what we had planned for having been there at the same time two years earlier. But, the last 5 days or so the temps dropped to the low 50s. I had to buy a t-neck shirt and wore 4 other layers under and over. My husband also had to wear three layers. Suffice to say, the weather will do what it wants, so plan accordingly.

Posted by
92 posts

Just did the tour Oct 26, 2013. We had great weather with most days in the mid 50's to upper 60 degrees. So short sleeve to long sleeve top depending on your comfort level. Definitely need a jacket for Cappadocia which was colder and if you are going to hot air balloon at dawn ( I highly recommend.) I took a light-weight fleece jacket for first of the morning walking, but shed it by mid morning most days (easy to roll up in the day bag) and a windbreaker jacket for possible rain ( we were lucky with only 1/2 day of drizzle on our last day!) I wore both jackets with a long sleeve shirt for the ballooning and was fine. Antalya was in the upper 70's and very comfortable in short sleeves. My wife and I loved the trip and highly recommend it. Hope your experience and weather will be as good as ours.