I am finalizing my 4 weeks travel plans to Turkey. This is our longest trip ever as I wanted to go slow and more leisure time. However, I need advice as to whether I should skip certain destinations.
Also, my wife and I are vaccinated, but our 13 year old daughter is not. Should we get Covid-19 travel insurance and what company is recommendable?
In terms of our trip, I loved museums, archeological sites and palaces. However, my wife and daughter want fewer museums and more of the cosmopolitan experiences (e.g., cafes, shopping, food and cultural experiences). My itinerary is as follows:
- Fly from USA to Ankara
- Hattusa – Cappadocia (Sleep in Cappadocia) Should I skip Hattusa and spend the time in Cappadocia?
- Cappadocia (Hot Air Balloon)
- Cappadocia (Sleep in Cappadocia)
- Konya (Sleep in Konya) Should I skip Konya and sleep in Alanya instead?
- Alanya (Sleep in Alanya)
- Side – Antalya Old Town (Sleep in Antalya) Should I skip Side (or replace for Aspendos) or go straight to Antalya?
- Demre (Sleep in Kaş) Should I spend ½ day in Konyaaltı or Olympus Beach? or any other recommendation?
- Kekova Island Boat Tour (Sleep in Kaş)
- Kaputaş Beach – Kalkan (Sleep in Ölüdeniz)
- Ölüdeniz and Butterfly Beaches (Sleep in Pamukkale)
- Pamukkale – Sirince Village (Sleep in Selçuk)
- Ephesus and House of Virgin Mary (Sleep in Selçuk)
- Pergamon (Sleep in Çanakkale)
- Troy - Gallipoli Battlefields (Sleep in Çanakkale)
- Bursa (Sleep in Bursa)
- Fly back to USA via Istanbul I will appreciate any advice. Thanks!