Please sign in to post.

Good hostels in Istanbul

Anyone recommend a good hostel where it's social in Istanbul? Gonna be seeing a doctor every day in the Beylikduzu district as well as exploring Istanbul

Posted by
515 posts

It’s cheaper to stay in a hotel in Istanbul than to stay in a hostel in major EU cities. Meals are cheap too. We did a 2 hour flight from Istanbul to Capoadoccia for $30 each.

Posted by
1943 posts

I would recommend a budget hotel. The one we stayed in has changed but many of them are almost as cheap as hostels and you have your privacy.

Posted by
4 posts

The hospital is in Beylikduzu. Is it worth just taking the bus from the airport and get off near hospital and just walk around and look for a cheap place? No hostels there (Beylikduzu)? I can't find any online. As well as my hospital visits wanted to look around Istanbul and have always enjoyed staying in Hostels as I'll be by myself and they're social. I did hear Beylikduzu is 90mins from the centre of Istanbul though so no sure how to plan this

Posted by
2342 posts

I would look at Booking.com for hotels that are close to your medical facility. Not sure what procedures you are having, but you may not feel like being social. Beylikduzu is indeed very far from the historic center of Istanbul, but the public transportation is quite good or you could hire a driver to take you to the main sights. Istanbul is very popular for medical tourism, and I wouldn't be surprised if there are resources on the internet that might help you plan a productive visit. Good luck!