Please sign in to post.

Week in Lisbon

Aug.3-10 Travelocity package,airfare hotel
Ord to Atlanta to Lisbon.
Record breaking heat 4th and 5th.Brutal !
Nice 5 star hotel, Hotel Palacio A.C. in the hotel was woefully inadequate.
By the 3rd night, great sleeping ,window wide open, cool breeze every night.
Hotel staff, very friendly, helpful,all spoke very good English
. Terrific breakfast buffet included. Got us by all day till supper time.
6.30 Euro per person per day gave us unlimited use of Metro, tram, bus service with the Viva viagem card.
We walked a lot, many steep hills in the city, though. We are older people, I'm 62 wife is 63.
So we were careful on what streets we walked.
Very friendly city,Many restaurants to choose from. Most we paid for supper was 10 euro each. Friendly waiters and waitresses. They all spoke good english Main sites of

Lisbon were very interesting. We enjoyed them all.

Posted by
2455 posts

Max, glad you enjoyed Lisbon, a terrific city.
But, how dare you say: “We are older people, I’m 62 and my wife is 63.” No way on this Forum!

Posted by
3815 posts

Glad you had a great trip, but we need More details, we have reservations for a week in February. What was worth seeing, what can we skip. Fado yes or no, day trips. More info please. Food?

Posted by
2 posts

We will be in Lisbon in October. Can anyone give us some advice about lodging, especially a B&B or small hotel?

Posted by
265 posts

We had a great stay in a VRBO - nice terrace and great location. #851351

Also, Monastery was crazy crowded -- 15 tour buses --- we skipped it and found a small museum --- museu da Marioneta (puppets) that was terrific! and we were all by ourselves. The Queluz National palace that is a 20 minute uber ride was also terrific. we were literally to only ones in it for the first 30 minutes. the grounds are beautiful.

The Carriage Museum is also a must see. and the marina is quite good.

the #28 trolley was also stupidly crowded and wouldn't be worth it.

Posted by
1 posts

We in our early 70s and just completed the Best of Portugal. Yes, a lot of walking but nothing we could not handle even in warm weather. Age is a number to be ignored as much as possible. A WOW trip, will be posting more. R & P.