Please sign in to post.

Venice Four Nights April 2012

We've been to Venice several times and this time we rented an apartment off vrbo which was wonderful and cost less than the hotels we'd been staying at! Had a great dinner at Trattoria da Remigio about five minutes from Piazza San Marco, and a great lunch at Al Covo in Castello. My favorite restaurant is still Bar Pontini in Canareggio, on the Canareggio Canal. Since we'd been to most of the highlights in Venice, this was a relaxing trip before we left to spend six days in Rome, which will be my next post!

Posted by
4407 posts

OK, Celeste...you already know my question ;-) (besides 'will you take me next time?')

Posted by
7029 posts

Celeste, are you willing to share the VRBO number for the Venice apt? I noticed you gave up the numbers for Sienna and Rome. I like using VRBO. Thanks in advance. ps: enjoyed your trip reports, sounds like you had a nice relaxing visit.

Posted by
238 posts

It's called Residenza Contarini and the owner offers both a 2 bedroom (actually a 1 BR with loft with pull-out sofa) and a studio and they are next door to each other. If you search Residenza Contarini, it will come up. The vrbo # was 237257 but for some reason it wouldn't come up just now.

Posted by
4407 posts

Ooooh! Me likey! The next time we go to Venice will be a week or so stay...so we really want an apartment, and this one looks great. Other reviews say it's close to 'everything', including food/groceries/transportation/other essentials, but quiet, too. Sounds perfect. BTW, all of your reviews have been short, sweet, and full of good info! Thanks!

Posted by
10221 posts

@Eileen, that place is big enough for us to stay there too! Sid can sleep on the sofa so you don't have to listen to him snore. ;-)

Posted by
4407 posts

Andrea, woo-hoo! Of course, I get the bedroom with the door; you get the loft directly over The Snoring Sofa :-( Enjoy.

Posted by
1633 posts

Definitely a keeper! I'm sure the prices vary according to time of year. Give me an idea for the studio.

Posted by
238 posts

Note that there is no shower in the larger apartment - just a tub - and I'm not sure about the studio apt. We rented the larger one during spring break and it was 180 euros per night plus a 150 euro deposit. We met a tourist who was paying 460 euros per night for a hotel!