Please sign in to post.

Turkey - June 1 - 13 2015

HOLY MOLY! I wasn't really too excited about this trip, but two dear friends had suggested it and we love to travel with them. My wife and I have been blessed to have traveled all around the world. We don't usually take a 'group tour' like this one, although we've heard good things about RS Tours. Well, let me tell you! Book your next RS trip now, to Turkey! What an incredible place. First off, I have to tell you about our marvelous guide, Mert. He and Uncle Rick go way back, and Mert had endless fun stories to tell us of their escapes. HIPPA violations to the max! Cert has a vast knowledge of Turkish history, Christianity, Persia, Islam, Judaism, modern Turkish politics, and he shared them with us with wit, wisdom, and charm. Istanbul was incredible! Great food, amazing sites, kind folks, an amalgam of East and West. We had a great troupe of travelers. We learned story of Ataturk (he is rightly worshipped), crawled under and flew above Cappadocia, bathed in the Aegean, were stunned by the ruins at Aphrodisia, visited the tomb of Rumi, met with a kind Imam (who looked a lot like George Clooney), spent an afternoon with a widow and her daughter in their home, eating fresh salads and local foods, and then came upon Ephesus! HOLY MOLY indeed! Culture never dies. Wagons roll. This is an important thing! David

Posted by
14004 posts

Oh my word. I just burst out laughing at your report. I am so glad you had a marvelous time as I can sense your enthusiasm and your wonder at the sights. I am sure you were a fun tour member as well.

The guides, the itineraries and the congenial tour members are what keep me coming back.

Thanks for the report. Turkey was already on my list based on recommendations from folks on another RS tour.

Posted by
985 posts

Wow - what a report! So glad you had such a marvelous time, especially since you weren't too gung ho in the beginning. I watched a RS video just last night and he mentioned Turkey as one of his favorite places. Thanks for adding in with your two cents!

Posted by
610 posts

Loved your report! I'm going to have to move this tour higher on my wish list!

Posted by
3551 posts

I too went on a rs turkey a few yrs back. It was fabulous yes. But our guide Mert Tanner same as Lynns was extraordinary. Request Mert as your guide without a doubt.

Posted by
33 posts

We had Alp for our RS guide - and I'm sure Mert is terrific, but he's not the only great guide; Alp was
amazing - his knowledge, sense of humour, helpfulness - and more - made our trip a wonderful experience. Of course, every guide we've had on or (so-far) three RS tours has been top-notch -
that's why we keep going back. Spain in September!

Posted by
2 posts

OK. Mert or Alp; Alp or Mert. Whatever. RS has the best guides, and Turkey is the best. Make your reservations now! Its all good!