Please sign in to post.

Trip report: 3 weeks in Scandinavia in July 2022

Recently back from an epic tour through the Nordic countries, and I blogged daily while traveling. We traveled through Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Estonia and Iceland, getting around by plane, train and cruise ship/ferry. With Rick Steves' excellent tips and our own travel savvy, we avoided all of the travel woes that are making headlines this summer!

Take a look at the words and pictures if you're so inclined!

https://scandinavia2022.wordpress.com/

(Note that there are Wordpress ads on the site, but I don't make any money from them.)

Posted by
967 posts

Mike, both your photography and writing are great! Since I like to travel in a similar style, bookmarking this!

Posted by
3838 posts

Thanks for sharing your vacation, wonderful report and pictures.

Posted by
187 posts

This is fantastic! What a wonderful trip report. Thank you for putting this together and for sharing your resources such as the google planning document. I used a google sheet on a recent overseas trip with separate tabs for each trip portion with information, links, etc. I also had a "Covid" tab in case we needed to access testing or medical care.

P.S. Regarding your question on international phone charges, we have Verizon. It is $10/day but you are only charged if you use cellular during a 24-hour period. I don't believe there is a cap on fees like you had. I used wifi-only many days, but it was nice to have cellular easily available if needed.

Posted by
45 posts

Hi everyone, thanks for the comments, and I’m glad you enjoyed my trip reports.

I get much more enjoyment out of gathering and sharing my daily thoughts and photos in this manner than posting on social media. It also makes for a nice publication to look back on over the years and help me relive those moments.

Happy travels!

Posted by
6374 posts

The waters surrounding Stockholm (itself composed of many islands) are
actually a lake, not the sea

Half true, the western part is a lake, the eastern part is the sea. It's pretty easy to see the border between them if you know where to look.

Posted by
417 posts

I enjoyed your travel report. Your daughter is so cute. She reminds me of my blonde 10 year old grand-daughter. She is also “all legs and attitude”. I loved her poses. Your photography was beautiful. Great trip!