Please sign in to post.

Tour of France with Gate1 tours in May 2024

Our tour in France with Gate 1 started on May 8, 2024. Our guide was Jordane; he was an excellent guide, very helpful and informative. It was a fast paced tour; however, that was expected. This was our first tour and I learned a lot about traveling with others on a bus for 14 days :-) Gate1 did everything they said they would do and we will book with them again. The tour was very good. Here is my takeaway that I learned: we are all adults, read the terms and conditions of the tour company you sign up with, have travel insurance, have meds and masks with you, know what to do if you have an emergency, and know the 911 number for the country you are in. We had very nice time in France and made several new friends on the tour.

Posted by
14482 posts

Welcome to the forum!

I'm glad you had a good time. It does take some experience to know both how to read/understand tour itinerary language and to learn how to be a good group member.

How many were in your tour group?

It sounds like your group might have had some medical issues?

I'm glad you found the Rick Steves forum. Some of us have done tours, some are independent travelers and some combine both ways to travel. I hope you stick around and enjoy the conversations.

Posted by
3 posts

We did have a good time and you are correct, it does take some time for some to learn how to be a good group member. There were 26 in our tour group and yes some medical issues but from our point of view it was an excellent tour even with a chest cold that most everyone got. Some had a cold worse than others but that was expected… Thanks for letting us join this group and your reply.

Posted by
3299 posts

Sounds like this worked out great for you. I think I'll look at Gate1 in the future. I love France.

Posted by
3 posts

Yes, this bus tour in France worked out great for us. We definitely recommend taking a 14 day Gate1 tour of France; however, please be aware this particular tour was moderately active. Walking was done over cobbled streets, uneven surfaces, stairs, and steps (a couple people had problems walking on our tour). If you take it I hope you get the same bus tour manger and guide we had.