Please sign in to post.

Siena Four Nights April 2012

My husband and I adore Siena, and we were lucky enough to find a wonderful apartment on vrbo that was just steps from Il Campo and had a wonderful landlord who lived in the building (and spoke perfect English). After Venice and Rome, Siena seems extremely inexpensive, when of course it is still more expensive than it would be here in Florida. We also took the bus to Florence and spent a few hours there to go to the Accademia and shop for leather jackets. We bought three beautiful jackets/coats for less than 400 euros so I was pleased.

Posted by
4407 posts

I understand wanting to keep treasures to ourselves (!), but would you consider sharing the exact apartment and a review of it?

Posted by
238 posts

It's vrbo #320140 and it's exactly as pictured on the vrbo website. It is the top floor, and even though there's an elevator, you still have about 10 or 12 stairs. We paid 100 euros per night and 40 euros for the apartment cleaning when we left. Considering we paid 80 or 90 euros for a very small room at a B&B our previous trip, this was wonderful!

Posted by
4407 posts

You may not know the answer, but this VRBO listing shows another apt, the 'Queen Anne', and says it's available; do you know anything about that one? I can't find anything online... Your apt looks great - IF I could ever leave my agriturismo just outside of town...;-)

Posted by
238 posts

I don't know anything about the Queen Anne. Is it the other one this landlord owns?

Posted by
238 posts

Oh, OK, yes, I see it's the other one. All I know is it faces Il Campo which means it's on the other side of the apartment building. Call or write Cristina, the owner, and she'll be glad to answer your questions!