Please sign in to post.

Rome Six Nights April 2012

We took the train from Venice to Rome and checked into our Campo dei Fiori one bedroom apartment on April 4th. This was our second time in this apartment and out third time in that building. We absolutely love it here and our six days were spent relaxing and stopping at sidewalk cafes and bars. Although the best place to relax was right there in Campo dei Fiori! We also watched the Easter Mass at the Vatican, but mostly we just wandered and people watched and enjoyed one our favorite cities in the world!

Posted by
238 posts

The one bedroom (which can sleep 4) is vrbo 336305. Tell Fiora I sent you! Her 2 BR 2 bath two floors above that one is vrbo 215521. It is 38 steps to the 1 BR and 76 steps to the penthouse so you work off all that food!

Posted by
8 posts

Hi Celeste,
As in the Siena post would you be willing to share the apartment you stayed in? I have been going back and forth between hotel vs. VRBO. We'll be in Italy in October/November and we're very excited! Thanks!!

Posted by
4407 posts

I have questions - the listing refers to a 'bunk area', says up to 6 can sleep there, and you have had 4 people there... 1) Is the bedroom a double or queen?
2) Is the sofa bed comfy (for 2, I presume?)? 3) What, and where, is this 'bunk area'? Thanks in advance!

Posted by
8 posts

Thank you Celeste! This looks like exactly what I've been looking for. I have already emailed them and hopefully we will be able to stay there! It looks wonderful ;)

Posted by
238 posts

It's an interesting setup. There is a bedroom with a king. Then there is a sitting room off the living room where two single beds can be placed. We never pulled out the very comfortable sofa but it seems to me it was possible. You have a set of shutters which sover the windows and shut out about 3/4 of the noise from the Campo below. But when you then close the doors to the bedroom and sitting room, 99% of the noise disappears. The wall between the sitting room and the bedroom has about three feet of open space at the top, but the walls are very high so the open space starts at about ten feet, There is also a table with seating for four in the living room. The kitchen is between that part of the apartment and the bathroom, whcih has an excellent shower. There is also a washing machine and a line for hanging clothes outside, but I was always afraid I'd drop the clothes so I always used the drying rack after laundry!

Posted by
238 posts

I will also add that the 2 bedroom apartment on the top floor is much larger (it's actually two floors), but two years ago we only had air conditioning in the master bedroom. The AC in the one bedroom does a good job cooling most of the apartment, but except in the dead of summer, you'll have a nice breeze from the windows and fans, anyway. Four people would be extremely comfortable in the one bedroom. I will warn you that the beds are very firm, however.

Posted by
11 posts

We are headed to an apartment in the same location in a couple of weeks and will be with our 2 daughters, ages 9 & 11. Can you tell me if it 's a walkable distance to the Colosium? Any suggestions on the area? I booked it since it seemed to be a great location and we have a 2 bedroom apartment for the family . Thanks for any tips.

Posted by
238 posts

We can walk to the Colosseum in about 15 minutes but we walk fast. There is a lot to see on the way, and there are usually crowds of people on the sidewalks (in summer, anyway). I would plan on at least 30 minutes.