Please sign in to post.

Report: Turnaround time for passport renewal - Non-expedited - June 2023

My friend mailed his passport renewal out on 3/31/23.

He received it back today - 6/27/23.

That’s 88 days or about 12.5 weeks.

I’m waiting on my own expedited renewal and hoping it’s quicker than that. I’ll report back when I receive mine.

Posted by
13952 posts

Oh my. At least you’ll both be good to go for 10 years! Hope yours pops up soon!

Posted by
2469 posts

Last September I sent mine for renewal expedited and received it back in 5 weeks. Maybe you will get yours back quickly too.,

Posted by
2625 posts

@Pam - this is a different “friend” than the one you know:) Ron and I did a expedited single overnight mailing, with each application in a different white 8x11 envelope within the US Post Office overnight envelope.

Hopefully ours will be quick - since we leave again in September.

Posted by
13952 posts

Haha....I wondered why you were being so cagey! I'm glad you organized Ron's as well.....I wondered why you would "let" him send it regular renewal!

Posted by
559 posts

I just sent in a non-expedited renewal on June 20. State dept website says allow 10-13 weeks plus two weeks on either end for processing. As of June 26 it was in the system with an identifying number. I feel naked without my passport even though no further planned travel this year.

Posted by
10 posts

Sent mine in for a non-expedited renewal at the end of April. Received back two weeks ago. Basically 9 weeks from mailing to receiving back.

Posted by
1322 posts

Sent mine in as non expedited on 4/27 and received new one on 6/22. Not bad