Please sign in to post.

Report on sleeping and eating in London, Oct. 12 - Oct. 19, 2018

Rick's guides were spot on: we stayed in a budget hotel, Cherry Court Hotel in the Victoria Station area. Pretty Street, close to station, busses, some theaters and restaurants. Very small room that we got used to quickly, with daily change of towels, an entire fresh basket of fruit and granola bars every day. We ate at another recommended pub twice: St.George's Tavern with good steaks one night and good fish another night. In South Kensington we ate at Rocca, a classy and very popular place easy to get to from So. Kensington Station and had really excellent food with very good service. We fell hard for the afternoon tea tradition: of all places, Westminster Abbey offered the tastiest that we had in their cafe. Thanks Rick for your good advice.

Posted by
521 posts

I also stay at the Cherry Court hotel when in London. I love the location and the price and I feel very safe there as a female usually traveling solo.

Posted by
951 posts

Thanks Jackie for the recommendations. My husband and I will be in London just before Christmas and we are staying in South Kensington, so we will check out Rocca.

Sandy

Posted by
13905 posts

Thanks Jackie! I've eaten lunch in the Westminster Abbey Cellarium Cafe and thought the food was pretty good. Nice to know teas was good as well. I love the room it's in!