Please sign in to post.

Recommendations for March 2024 RS Tour

Hi My wife and I have a United Travel Credit that expires in late March 2024. We have to use it (several thousand dollar credit) or lose it. We have done the RS Venice Florence and Rome tour but are thinking about either a Portugal or Sicily March 2024 tour. Any ideas as far as the weather in early March. Thanks. Fred

Posted by
2394 posts

I did the Portugal in late March this year, and Sicily in mid-March a few years ago. The weather for both was good as I don't like heat, and I found the temps. comfortable. Didn't run into more than a few sprinkles on either tour, but that might just be luck.

Posted by
2186 posts

Haven't been to Portugal, but we went to western Sicily on March 20 one year and had lots of rain and cold at the beginning of our trip. Later, we had better weather, and it was HOT by the time we hit Agrigento at the end of the month. Frankly, it's a crapshoot - could be any kind of weather.

Posted by
35 posts

We did the Sicily tour a few years ago on February - early March and thought it was a fantastic time to be there. Sure, the weather was cooler but that's great for walking around all the sites, places, and it seemed we were the only tourists around. In fact, Nina, our RS guide told us, more than once, how fortunate we were to be seeing these sites without the throngs of visitors and the intense heat.

I'd go at this time again, in a heartbeat!