Please sign in to post.

Prague October 2011 Trip Report part One

This recap is long overdue, but better late than never, I hope. My husband and I visited Prague for a week in late October 2011 to celebrate my 50th birthday. I am very interested in Art Nouveau architecture, and Prague is a great city to see wonderful examples of it. Most people would think a week was a long time for one city, but I could have used another day or two to enjoy more sites. With the help of tripadvisor, we found a great apartment that was way more affordable than a hotel, and provided a lot more space. You can check out my review of it. The apartment was in Residence Karolina and rented via www.prague-city-apartments.cz. They also arranged transport to and from the airport, which was definitely cheaper than what we could have gotten on our own. Besides Rick Steve's and Eyewitness travel books, I also purchased Praha -Artel Style by expat Karen Feldman. I really enjoyed the perspective of this book, and highly recommend it. I also utilized the services of private tour guides through personalpragueguide.com. Martin Belohradsky was our guide for two days and he was fantastic. We also used the guide service for a driver and guide to Karoly Vary. His name was George. He did not take into account our interests as much as Martin did. Instead of going day by day, I've broken this into various parts: General Observations Art Nouveau Non-Art Nouveau sites Restaurants
Karoly Vary

Posted by
8942 posts

Carla, thanks for the trip report. Suggestion: copy and paste your 2nd thread and add it as a comment on this one. Then you can delete that thread and all of your report will be listed under one title then, instead of multiple titles. I can then delete this post, and all of your trip report will be together.