Please sign in to post.

Paris in February

I just returned from a quick trip to Paris. Anyone lucky enough to have been there during the past week will have had the pleasure of spectacular weather. It was warm,and sunny, with bright blue skies. I eventually had to ditch my winter coat.
Sunsets were gorgeous. The Tower twinkles at a much earlier hour, because after all, it is February.

The Luxembourg Gardens did not have any flowers, but the gardens were groomed and ready for Spring. There was a certainly loveliness in the quiet symmetry of the leafless trees. The bees were buzzing in the apiary. The chairs were full of those out reading, picnicking, or just enjoying the sun. Like the bees, we come out of hibernation when the sun comes out.

The cafes were packed. The only yellow vests I saw were on a bunch of school children walking two by two, holding hands and chatting.

The only small downside was that several areas were torn up. It seemed like every Metro station I passed through, was undergoing a renovation. The Square du Tertre is being completely redone. The little cafe in the Luxembourg Gardens is closed for renovations.

I think rain is on the way, but it was a magical couple of days. I don't think I ever walked so much. It was hard to stop.

Posted by
198 posts

Thank you for painting us this lovely little picture of Paris, that wonderful city.

Posted by
9420 posts

Yes, thank you Kateja. We spent most of Feb 2017 in Paris and it was glorious, just like you describe. Glad you had a good time!

Posted by
15576 posts

When the trees are bare, you can see the beautiful buildings they hide the rest of the year, and with early sunsets, there's enough time to enjoy the city after dark when it's magical.

Posted by
3099 posts

Thanks. I've been there twice now in February, and loved it at that time of year.

Posted by
1819 posts

What was the average daily temperature since I see you ditched the coat?

Posted by
556 posts

Low 60s F. I had a sweater. This was in the afternoons, the mornings were still chilly.

Posted by
9549 posts

And now the last couple of weeks it's been quite nasty (weather-wise) !!you got very lucky in February!

Posted by
130 posts

Thanks for the lovely report. Please share the amount of day light hours and how you spent your evening time. Thanks.