Please sign in to post.

Paris (St. Sulpice, Luxembourg Gardens, Pantheon) Sept. 2012

We (my husband and I are in our mid-40s and my mom is 70) landed in Paris at CDG on September 23, 2012. We took the Roissy Bus to their Opera stop in the heart of Paris. We walked from there to our hotel (Hotel Britannia) on rue d'Amsterdam across the street from Gare St. Lazare. ** I must thank Bets (a prolific contributor on this forum) for helping me with my plans for this part of our trip. ** We left our bags in the hotel luggage room and headed out for a much anticipated day. We had time to kill before the organ concert at St. Sulpice, so we wandered around and stumbled upon Marché Raspail and began shopping (never too soon to start shopping, I say). We climbed up the spiral staircase to watch the organist at work in St. Sulpice. We wandered through the Luxembourg Gardens. It was "gardens weekend" in Paris and we had the pleasure of sitting for a while and hearing an open-air jazz concert (nice touch). The Medici Fountain has a serenity about it. Next, we headed to the Pantheon, a pleasant, yet solemn, resting place for many notable French. Dinner at a café, a metro ride, and bed.

There are no replies to this topic.