Please sign in to post.

Paris (BHV and St. Chapelle concert) Sept. 2012

After playing Marais tour guide for Ann and Margaret from Ireland, my mother, husband, and I shopped at BHV. I bought a spoon, fork, and knife set. Every time I use them, I am transported back to Paris. We strolled slowly by Hôtel de Ville, stopping to take lots of pictures. Mom adores street lamps, and there are some really pretty ones there. My husband and my mother popped into Notre Dame while I sat outside on a bench contemplating our time and map route (I had been in ND on an earlier trip). I had to see how much of our Latin Quarter walk we could fit in and still make it to the 7 pm Vivaldi Four Seasons concert in St. Chapelle. We cut our LQ walk short, but we did pop into a "de Neuville" chocolate (yummy) store on Blvd. St. Germain that had a really nice lady that waited on us. The concert was ever so worth the shortened LQ route. St. Chapelle is beautiful inside both day and night! After the concert we had dinner at Taverne de Cluny. They had the best french fries I have ever eaten, AND they had live music, two guys and their guitars. They actually sang some songs in English. Excellent day.

There are no replies to this topic.