Please sign in to post.

My way Alpine tour 2023

Hi, We haven’t been to Europe since the pandemic. We had to cancel our trip at the start of the pandemic. We are now planning to join My Way Alpine tour in 2023. Deciding whether to go late August or Early September. Thought I read about lifts which might not be operating in September? We have been to Wengen, lauterbrunnen and Lucerne before but was rushing hitting most of the tourist spots.. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Posted by
733 posts

Thanks a lot Carrie. We will most likely do the first week of September.

Posted by
670 posts

Several years ago, we did this tour in mid-to-late September. When we were in Chamonix, many of the lifts were not running; not a problem anywhere else. I think earlier in the month should be good.

Posted by
733 posts

Hi, thanks. We are definitely looking at first week of September. Only plan to do walking, meandering or part of hikes so lifts that will be operating will be important.

Posted by
3834 posts

I hit the places you mentioned a few years ago about the time you will be traveling. All the lifts we wanted to use were open.

Posted by
1225 posts

Keep your "internet" eyes open for cow parades in September. Not sure how early they start happening, but you have time to do some research.

Posted by
733 posts

Hi, Thanks. Getting excited to join tour next year. Just hope that my knees will still cooperate. I assume that we can either go lite hiking or otherwise.