Please sign in to post.

London Nov/Dec 2012

Just got back from a 2 week stay in London and to say I loved it would be an understatement. I had booked a 'holiday let' through www.homeaway.co.uk and couldn't be happier. The apartment was in Winchmore Hill, which made it easy to get into London for day trips, only took about 40 minutes from Southgate station to Covent Garden. The apartment is called 'The Old Bakery' and I can't recommend it enough. The owner Nina was so helpful and provided so much information about what to see and where to go. The special touch of milk, bread and eggs waiting for my arrival was brilliant. I stayed at 'Chalkley's' which is 1 of the apartments attached to the old bakery. Nina said that if I spread the word she would give a discount to anyone who mentioned my name "Linzi Osburn' :D So there you go...lol While in London I walked and walked until I could walk no more. :) I became so used to the underground and overground rail services that I made it from Southgate to Hampton Court Palace without having to ask for directions. :) I just loved Westminster Abbey and got quite emotional when I saw the tomb of Mary Queen of Scots, because I love history. All in all I had a wonderful time and saw everything I wanted to see, even though I was on a shoestring budget. Due to losing my job just before my holiday I ended up with 200 GBP to last me for the two weeks to cover food and entrance fees. Thanks to shopping at Sainsburys I ate well for just under 80 GBP, and didn't cut back on anything.
I would highly recommend London...and I loved it so much I'm going to go back to live..lol. :D

Posted by
1840 posts

Linzi, This is a very nice report on your successful journey. I'm sure quite a number of us followed your planning and preparations and wished you well. Congratulations! How about letting us know of your future employment and moving plans?

Posted by
713 posts

Thanks for taking the time to post this report. Linzi. I'm glad your trip went so well. It's encouraging to see how you managed to do what you wanted, and all within your budget. Well done!