Please sign in to post.

Innsbruck

My husband and I stopped in Innsbruck a day in early February, we were traveling from Munich to Castelrotto. The train station was busy, but clean and organized. There are a lot of luggage lockers, a nice woman helped us with the instructions. Basically you closed the door, inserted money (3.50 Euros, it gave change too) and a large plastic token was dispensed. When you return, you deposit the token and your locker opens.

We walked down the Maria-Theresien-Straße to the Golden Roof. It was a Sunday morning and nothing much was open before 10:00, we did find a restaurant that was setting up so had a coffee and little snack. We did go up in the Stadtturm and had lovely views all around. It was a nice morning so we walked to the Bergisel ski jump. I had made email reservation for lunch to the Sky Restaurant, tell the person at the ticket desk and you will get a discount on admission to the ski jump. We really enjoyed this, give yourself 30-45 minutes to look around and then take the funicular up to the viewing deck and restaurant. We walked back to the train station, about 30 minutes.

It's a great town to spend a few hours.

Posted by
8125 posts

I spent the Summer of 1970 there. Yes, it's quite a beautiful place.

I went back later and ski'd the Aximar Lizum one January, and the view from the mountain top restaurant is also amazing. Sat there with the Clemson University Young Alumni Association listening to American radio.

It's been a few years since we've been back, but those Alps are calling for my return.