Please sign in to post.

Hotel Lancelot Rome

Recomrnended by Rick Steve’s group. Loved it. Lovely, great service, secure, great staff, fantastic breakfast, and option for a very nice dinner with other residents. Very close to lots of restaurants and about 10 minutes from colloseum. Would do it again for sure!

Posted by
3819 posts

A colleague went to Rome with another tour group and they also stayed there. She also loved it.

Posted by
2467 posts

I stayed in this lovely hotel with a RS tour - 7 Days Best of Rome, in late March 2017. Wonderful service, lovely dining room with delicious food, courtyard and a little bar area and a library nook. Fresh flowers in the lobby. Loved the owner/manager. Would definitely stay there again!

Posted by
891 posts

Hubby and I stayed here about 12 years ago on a trip that we planned ourselves. We were there for 7 nights and felt right at home.
Mrs. Kahn the owner and her daughter were so gracious. I had brought a curling iron that blew hot air and a converter. First morning it blew a fuse. they sent an electrician right away and he fixed it and asked me to try again. Blew it again. He asked me to go to the desk. Mrs. Kahn requested that I not use it again and I told her I had already figured that out. She gave me some directions to stores to buy one locally. That evening she asked if I had found one and I told her they didn't have the one that blew air. She said she had one in her apartment upstairs that was brand new, would I like to use it. I used it for a few days (it was perfect) so I asked if since she didn't use it, would she like to sell it. She said yes, gave me a very reasonable price and I have it still. Since I bought it there, it has the right plug so I have used it on many European trips since and always think of her. She was so kind and not upset with me for blowing the fuses. (That was a brand new converter that I threw away)

So 2 years ago, hubby and I take a France RS tour and then go straight to Rome for the 7 day RS tour and guess where we stay!!
Hotel Lancelot. I felt like I was going home. I love the neighborhood. Mrs. Kahn had given us some recommendations for local restaurants when we stayed there the first time. Hostaria da Nerone is our favorite place to eat in Rome and we have been back many times!

Great place to stay.

Mimi

Posted by
2467 posts

Mimi,
I know the restaurant - Hostaria da Nerone, it is fantastic. We ate there twice and loved it, a 2 or 3 block walk from the hotel, too.