Please sign in to post.

Greek Islands

My wife and I started this trip by taking a gamble, I booked our Delta flight to Athens to arrive at 10:30am and a flight on Aegean Air to Mykonos at 1:30 pm thinking surely with a 3 hr layover we would be fine, well our flight out of Atlanta was delayed for over an hour so I was concerned but it took less than 5 minutes to get through immigration and going back through security took 10 min. So we arrived at our gate with 40 min to spare (I rarely book flights like this due to the stress).

Mykonos is known as the “Party Island” and people did stay out dancing till 3:00 am but there is a lot more to enjoy. We took a sailboat over to the island of Delos and had a private tour of the ancient ruins, our guide was knowledgeable and humorous and made the time well spent. We then sailed to a cove and snorkled while the crew grilled lamb and made a Greek salad. The food was delicious and we decided that we could get use to this type of travel!

Mykonos town is fun just to roam around and we found several small restaurants with great food and prices. Today we hop the Seajet ferry for Naxos, I will add more after we have spent 3 days there.