Please sign in to post.

Greece RS Tour May 2017

Greece May 2017
Just got back from the RS Greece tour yesterday and had to write about the wonderful time we had. First, I love the people of Greece, they are warm and friendly and make you feel welcome. Athens is dominated by the Acropolis and and the experience of walking up to the top and seeing the Parthenon is truly breathtaking. We traveled ~1500 kilometers during our two weeks and saw many great sites but the best part of the trip was the people we met as part of our tour group, they made the trip more than just a sightseeing exercise, it became a group of people sharing the experience of learning, eating and exploring a new culture. This is my second Rick Steves tour and both have been outstanding. Our guide (Danae) was excellent and truly wanted us to get to know the people of Greece and their history. One of the highlights was swimming in the Aegean Sea on 3 different occasions. I have figured out the Rick Steves formula:

1) Great Guides
2) Great Food
3) Create a learning environment that promotes fellowship

Do I hear a amen?

Posted by
2707 posts

Amen and then some! Still our favorite tour. C'mon Rick, how about Northern Greece and Albania?

Posted by
7 posts

Thanks for your post! I can't wait! I leave for this same tour on June 12 :)

Posted by
1 posts

So why not northern Greece? Although I'm a newbie to the RS site, I've noticed that he is somewhat silent on northern Greece.