Please sign in to post.

France - August 2019 - part II

A few more observations/comments from visit to France in August 2019.
*Versailles - I rented a golf cart and drove about the gardens. I'd do that again. Saved my legs and some time.

*Train from Paris to Bayeux - prior to leaving for France, I read in another forum about two different riders who were threatened with (1) a 50 Euro fine for not having their ticket stamped and (2) for another infraction which I can't recall directly. Anyway, I was threatened with a 50 euro fine. I had the side of my foot resting on the seat in front. A train official walked by and told me that feet were not permitted to touch the seat in front and that if it happened again, I'd be fined 50 Euro. I promptly told him there would not be another time. Not sure if that kind of response is norm or not. Just be aware.
*Bayeux - stayed at Hotel Reine Mathilde at 23 Rue Larcher. Wonderful establishment. My room was big; had a balcony and was located in the "annex". Room was quite; staff spoke English very well and breakfast was tasty. I'd stay there again.
*Bayeux - booked a WW2 tour with Rene at Bayeux Sightseeing. Rene owns the company and he knows, I mean really knows WW2 history.

Overall, great trip.
I hope to get back soon.
JS

Posted by
6291 posts

Thanks, JS. We loved France, and plan to return soon.

Posted by
681 posts

My sister is there right now and is loving it. It is such a pretty part of France.