Please sign in to post.

Five Weeks in France: Sept-Oct 2012 continued. #2 Post

Carcasonne: We chose room with "big deck and million dollar view" of La Cite and it was amazing to see the whole ramparts lit at night from our deck. 2 nights in Collioure. Great way to relax on the Med. One week in Provence staying at L'Eveche Chambres in Vaison la Romaine. Perfect place in the old medieval city at this lovely B&B. The hosts were so helpful and we especially enjoyed touring the area during the grape harvest. Last week in Burgundy in two places, north and south of Beaune. Hotel les Grands Crus had the most wonderful view of the vinyards out of our window. Again, we were there during the harvest and it was interesting to see the difference in how this was done from the Cotes du Rhone area to the south. One of our favorite lunches was at L'Estaminet de Meix in Puligny-Montrachet. * Enjoyed the following from Rick's suggested list before our trip: Hemingways' Movable Feast & The Sun Also Rises Labyrinth (Kate Moss) was historical fiction/thriller about Carcasonne & Cathors. A Tale of Two Cities & Les Miserables for time of Revolution.
Movies: Midnight in Paris a couple of times! Space limited/hope this makes sense.

Posted by
8938 posts

It would be better if you just copied and pasted this and then added this post as a "reply" under your 1st post, as then it is continuous. Plus you can add in more information, as many "replies" as you like. Check out some of the other threads to see how this looks. Then, you can just delete this one. Otherwise they get out of order. It is a bit frustrating only being able to write such small amounts on here.

Posted by
199 posts

I appreciate your post. I am just beginning to plan a trip to France and found this post very helpful. Thank you!

Posted by
39 posts

Thsnk you Lori. Let me know if you have any questions and have a wonderful time planning your trip.