Please sign in to post.

England May 20 – May 31, 2017 (10 nights, 2 Vermeers) Part 3 of 3

We spent our last night at a local hotel chain called Premier Inn. It is on Bath Road right next to Heathrow. We chose this place because we needed to be at the airport three hours before our noon flight the next day and we didn’t want to be stressed in London traffic, either in a bus or on a crowded train. The hotel is a no-frills place but had everything we needed. The walls and windows are insulated from the airport sounds, so it was very quiet and restful. The Hoppa bus to Heathrow stops right out back, so the next morning we hopped on the Hoppa and in about 15 minutes we arrived at Terminal 2 and were printing our boarding passes for our return flight home to our waiting furry trio of Lizzie, Binx, and Kip.

Happy journeys,

Susan and Stephen

Posted by
2252 posts

Read all three installments before posting a reply-what a wonderful trip for you! I copied all 3 links and will be referring to them while planning my next trip to London and other places not too far away! My husband and I enjoyed the Library House very, very much, too. I remember the owners and they were indeed, delightful. It's a lovely area explore. Thank you for posting this as it contains lots of valuable information I will save and refer to as I get closer to my trip to England. Glad you had such a wonderful time.

Posted by
3747 posts

Thanks for your trip report, all parts. About the Premier Inn you stayed in on your last night; good choice. We have found Premier Inns to be very good for all the areas in which we could not find an older hotel with "character". We prefer family-run hotels or B&B's, like the ones listed in Rick Steves guidebooks. But when those cannot be found, Premier Inn is good.

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip! Thanks again for sharing the highlights with us!

Posted by
593 posts

I enjoyed reading all three parts of your report. Congrats on a well organized trip -- glad you had such a good visit!

Posted by
5697 posts

Loved reading that you liked Blist Hill museum -- I took my 12-year-old there (24 years ago) and we both enjoyed it as a high point of our England-Scotland trip.