Please sign in to post.

Eiffel Tower tickets

As has been reported accurately, tickets cannot be purchased until 60 days from the desired date at the earliest. And they indeed sell out within a few days.

What is not known is that there appears to a prioritization for who gets to buy the tickets first, once the 60 day mark is reached. I waited until what would have been 12 midnight in Paris of the day it should have been possible to purchase tickets. Even though I re-tried for the next 30 minutes on the official website, they remained unavailable. That was as an individual. Just to see, I clicked on the professional category and it was entirely different. Tickets for my selected date were available, though even within a few minutes of logging in, they were gone for most of the time slots otherwise available. I was able to select the date and time I wanted, but of course I wasn't registered as a professional so I wasn't able to purchase the selection (I assume that's the reason). Having a specific date in mind, and relatively so for the time of that day; we ended up purchasing a tour, costing about 1/3 more than the direct purchase would have. The extra cost isn't so much the issue, it's people need to know how ticket purchases appear to be prioritized and not to expect to get the tickets they want even though their effort is made in a timely manner.

Posted by
3849 posts

I couldn’t get the date and time we wanted so we decided to eat dinner there and entrance is included.

Posted by
30 posts

Barbara, that sounds like a brilliant idea. Is there a website to make the reservation for dinner?

Posted by
3849 posts

I booked through the Eiffel tower offical site. On the banner they have a link to the restaurants. We made the reservation for the Jules Verne restaurant. It’s a little pricy but how often do you get to Paris. To make up for it we will eat at cafes the other nights.

Posted by
101 posts

Here's a tip for buying tickets - you don't only need to be at your laptop at midnight Paris time, you also need to set your laptop to Paris time.

I sat at my laptop trying to get tickets for April 4th, only for nothing at all to be available. After half an hour of refreshing I changed the time to Paris time and there were tickets (way too late for our group with kids, but I was able to buy them the next day at midnight Paris time).