Please sign in to post.

Cooking classes in Paris

I've made several trips to Paris (j'adore!) and this time besides visiting museums and lovingly walking around, I wanted to take a cooking class. I recommend seeking out a cooking class in general to anyone who likes to cook or bake (or even those who are newbies) as a way to learn about an aspect of French food, but am posting about my experience at Cookn' with Class Paris experience from Friday, November 18, 2022. In brief: amazing!! I took the French dessert class and spent over 3 hours with the delightful Chef Sarah and 6 other attendees. The time flew by (i.e., we were having fun) and at the end of it we had made 5 beautiful and incredibly delicious desserts -- 2 we had to eat on site because they were in containers that couldn't leave (creme brulee and raspberry souffle -- no hardship eating those there!) but the other 3 we could take away (including a pear tart and a chocolate patisserie). Chef Sarah was super organized and gave us great tips along the way. Some baking activities she distributed (e.g., we all took turns breaking eggs and whisking) and others each of us did (e.g., rolling out the dough and setting it up on the pastry ring for our own pear tart & cutting and arranging the pear for the top; burning our individual creme brulees). The set-up is that you receive the recipes of the dessert you made within 10 days of the class and I will definitely be trying my hand at making them at home. It honestly was some of the most fun I have had in a structured activity on a trip. Everyone was friendly and engaged, Chef Sarah was so knowledgeable, encouraging, and a hoot (and her smile is infectious!), and the pastries were really, truly amazing. (I brought them back to share with my 19-year-old son whom I'm here with and he provided the high praise of saying they were "legit" and asking that I make the pear tarts soon after we're home.) Next time I'm in Paris, I plan to take another class with Cook'n with Class Paris (hopefully with Chef Sarah who was a tremendous teacher and so much fun!) -- highly recommend it for anyone with an iota of interest in this kind of experience: https://cooknwithclass.com/

Posted by
2004 posts

It has been about 12 years, but we did a cooking class with them as well. We did the macaroon class and it was excellent. We did it on our last day and brought a bunch home home.

Posted by
7239 posts

Thank you for sharing your review! I took a croissant class from La Cuisine several years ago and make croissants regularly now, too. The link you shared also has several recipes listed! I just printed out a couple to make in December. : )

Logistics question - did you take the metro to the class? Any issues with a solo female traveler walking around that area?

Posted by
198 posts

We are going to Paris first part of February and saw this post. We are going to sign up for the desserts class.