Please sign in to post.

A month in Paris

I'm wrapping up a month long visit to Paris (this year, with a few days side trip to Florence, IT to visit my art student granddaughter) and I'll share a couple things. I recharged my Navigo card from last year (they're good for 10 years) for a month and was told at CDG airport that the month starts on the first day of the following month. No trouble for me this time, as I arrived on Feb 28th. You can recharge these for a week or a month. They're good for the metro, buses, or trains. I get mine for 2 zones. Here's why: Consider getting a hotel outside the Peripherique (Paris' Beltway) Prices drop significantly. Metro stations are there and there is a quiet, residential sense. Young Parisian families are moving there as they get priced out of the city. My pick is the Cafe Hotel de l'Avenir in St. Ouen.
This year, I bought two weeks of intensive French language classes. 4 hours a day, M/F, 495€ for the 2 weeks. It included some afternoon sessions; 1 was a useful field trip to Montmartre. It ate into my day, but I'm here for about a month, so... The class was small, 4 students and the instructor. The company is l'Atelier 9 and is located at 34 rue Trevise near the Folies Bergere. Take care.

There are no replies to this topic.