Please sign in to post.

Travel to Europe

We are flying into London from Texas on Sept 7 and flying out of Venice on the 17th of Sept. We would like to spend a couple of days in London, Paris, the French Alps. Any suggestions on this trip?

Posted by
10215 posts

Sheri, this Trip Report section is for people who have already gone on their trip and who now want to share what they did with people. I suggest you post your question under General Europe for the best results.

Posted by
11507 posts

Also Sheri, if you are flying out on the 7th , you arrive on the 8th( which is for most people a kind of travel fatique working up slowly to touring day), and when you leave that days a write off too ( the 17th) ( travel day) so keep in mind you actually have 8-9 days .. Are you flying in and out of London. If you haven't booked your airline ticket yet its good to fly into one city and out another, saves backtracking, and if booked as a multi destination , as opposed to two one ways, is not that much more money( when you consider you will have to put out money to get back to London from somewhere else , wasting time there too) Sept 7th- leave home Sept 8th- arrive in London 9th- London 10th-London Sept 11th -Eurostar to Paris( almost a 1/2 day used there) 12th-Paris 13th-Paris Sept 14th-travel to ??( I can't suggest a place)but think you are looking at least 4-6 hours by train depending on where you go. Fights are faster, BUT you must account for commuting to airports( 45-60 minutes) and arriving 1.5 hours ahead of flight, and then arriving in destination and commuting into city, so sometimes shorter flight times do not make enough difference. Sept 15th - ?? Sept 16th- travel back to London( you should be in London night before you fly
out, never on same day for obvious reasons. I am not a fast traveller , so I would likely eliminate Alps and enjoy my time in London and Paris so easy to do some daytrips from them. Others like a fast paced trip and will hopefully suggest a good place to visit in Alps

Posted by
8138 posts

I too like the above itinerary. But it's a long way from Paris to Venice. You'll do better if you fly on EasyJet.com from Paris Charles de Gaulle to Venice. Their airfares are very, very low. If you yearn to see the mountains, you can always rent a car in Venice and head a couple of hours north into the Dolomites for a day trip.
You'll have a great trip.

Posted by
5 posts

Thank you so much! We are very excited. We have friends in the South of France. Is there any way to do that too?

Posted by
11507 posts

Sheri, where in south of France, nearest big city to fly or train into?

Posted by
5 posts

Thank you. The city in the South of France is Perpignan (the Western End of the Franch Med. I don't really think we have time to go there - maybe a different trip. Sheri

Posted by
9420 posts

You only have 8 full days. I would only do London and Paris.