Please sign in to post.

Paris - Hotels

I am staying in Paris for 2 days and I am looking for a hotel with a great location and a decent price. This is what my schedule looks like. One day I am going to Day One: Classic Paris - Afternoon: Notre Dame Cathedral - Classic Museums: The Louvre OR Musee d'Orsay - Champs-Elysées and the Arc du Triomphe - The Eiffel Tower -Evening - Dinner: Eiffel Tower Restaurants OR Cafe de l'Alma - Bateaux Mouches Paris boat tour --- Day Two: The Dynamic Right Bank Morning: Breakfast: Aux Delices de Saint-Paul; Walking Tour of the Marais - "Beaubourg" and the Centre Pompidou - Lunch: Chez Georges OR La Quincambosse -- Afternoon: Canal Saint-Martin - The Belleville Neighborhood - Montmartre - Evening: - Dinner and show at the Moulin Rouge, OR dinner and cabaret at A la Bonne Franquette

Posted by
8938 posts

Kris, you have posted your question about Paris hotels in the Trip Report section of the Helpline. If you post it over in the West section, people will be more likely to see it and answer your questions. Once you re-post it, you can delete it from this section.

Posted by
3551 posts

try Hotel Kensington ,2 blocks from eiffel tower. basic but w/ elevator and ensuite bathrooms.

Posted by
11507 posts

Hi Kris, there is no one location for a hotel that will be central to everything, but it does help to be near good transport hubs, and hopefully be able to walk to many from same area. For that reason I can recommmend two hotels that I have stayed at, they are clean, central, but basic. Both have a/c ( a good idea for a summer visit) . Hotel Diana Hotel Eugenie I can happily recommend both. They are within easy walking distance to Notre Dame, Louvre , Orsay, and Marais, and more importantly they are near the rer/metro stop St Michel, which will get you in and out from airport, and onto several metro lines that will take you most of your places without transfers. Do keep in mind , that as I said, there is no one location that will be perfect , but these are pretty close to being perfect if you don't expect a fancy hotel( no bellboy, no restaurant,but close to tons of cafes and shops) . Hotel Diana is on a quieter street, but Hotel Eugenie is on a busier mostly pedestrian street and the river.. literally two minutes to Siene. If you want to stay on the right bank I can suggest the Hotel De Place du Louvre, its only one block from Siene and Pont Neuf, on a quiet street , just at far end of Louvre, next to a church ( the one Eva Longoria got married at if that means anything to you, it did not to me, lol ) .

Posted by
2081 posts

hi, as stated you will have to figure out what is "central" to you. i stayed at the hotel Turenne. Its at the end of Champs de Mars, near the Ecole Militaire stop. 1 short block away. fwiw, there was a new? laundry mat just outside the hotel door too. really nice to have. you will have to check on $$. iirc my rates were like 100~120 USD ish but that was march of last year too. also, fwiw, the subway system is nice and easy to use and i was able to get to most of the places youre going to see. just a note. since youre going to the eiffel tower, get your pass online. it will save you alot of time waiting to buy the ticket there. when i was there, all i did was show up 5 min before i was suppose to be there and then walk into the security line. then its all wait for the lifts. happy trails.

Posted by
18 posts

Hi Kris
we stayed at the Sofitel near the catacombs, lovely hotel and great full breakfast included. very convenient also.