Please sign in to post.

Problems with Budget

Rented a car from Budget USA, budget.com, pick-up and return Naples, Italy for two weeks October 2012. Budget's Terms and Conditions specified that it was allowable to take the car to Croatia, if you return the car to Naples. Paid for ferry tickets, including the car, from Bari, Italy to Dubrovnik, Croatia and return. We informed the Budget office in Naples of our plans for travel to Croatia. They said "No problem". Was not allowed to take the car on the ferry. Ferry company said Budget did not provide proper documentation. Ferry left at 10:00 PM, no one to call at Budget.
Left the car in Bari for six days while in Croatia. I believe I am entitled to compensation for the six days the car was unavailable due to Budget's error in not including proper vehicle documentation. Budget has refused to compensate me for the lost rental time. Would appreciate any help.

Posted by
10222 posts

You might want to post this under General Europe or Transportation, where more people will see it. Good luck with your problem.

Posted by
6 posts

Thanks for the heads up. As we are crossing several borders, guess we will not be using Budget.