Please sign in to post.

Cinque Terre

We just returned from Italy on Tuesday. We had a marvelous time. We spent 2 nights in Monterosso at the Hotel Pasqale. The hotel and staff couldn't have been more wonderful. Every room had an ocean view. Breakfast was wonderful too. We had a fab dinner at L'ancora Della Tortuga. The people couldn't have been nicer. I was leading a group of 9 seniors. Only one other had been to Italy. This hotel and restaurant were among the groups favorite for the entire trip. Please go to the C T and support their efforts....... You won't be sorry

Posted by
11507 posts

Hi Sue, glad you all had a good time. How was weather? What did you do there for two days( did you hike the trails to other towns?)

Posted by
77 posts

WOW! I did not realize you could see the OCEAN from Italy! ha ha :) I am just teasing, Sue :) I am glad you had a great time, I have been wondering how C.T. is "coming back to life". Did you go to all the 5 towns? I would like to see your pictures!

Posted by
6 posts

Glad my pst was useful The weather was wonderful. We may have been lucky but the weather was in the low 70's the entire time w were in Italy. About half of our group did walk two trails. That group, although seniors are very fit. The entire group (9 seniors) walked the Via Della Amore from Riomagiore. We had a variety of abilities and everyone was capable of the walk. Hope you have fun

Posted by
6 posts

Simone Yeah.... I guess the term "sea" is more accurate..... :)
We spent the most time in Riomagiore and Monterosso. Riomagiore is fine, but I dont think they had much if any damage. Re Monterosso... The old town is in pretty good shape and the work continues nearly around the clock. Some of our group walked further up toward the rest of the town. They said it was pretty much a construction zone. Vernazza is another thing. The train does stop, but it is not announced and if you didn't know where you were, you would not know you were at Vernazza. I assume the stops are for locals and workers only.

Posted by
3580 posts

Sue, I'm glad to hear that Monterosso has returned so well from the flood. I will visit there in a couple of days. My hotel is in La Spezia, since I was not sure I could stay in my favorite town (Monterosso).

Posted by
2 posts

We went to CT this past weekend on a one day tour. It was beautiful! One town was under contruction with a couple shops open. They have a lot of rebuilding to do there but still worth the visit to support the locals who are working so hard to rebuild. Their spirit is amazing.

Posted by
9 posts

Going to CT in July Staying at LaPoesia in Monterosso. Looking forward and will post upon returning

Posted by
9 posts

Going to CT in July Staying at LaPoesia in Monterosso. Looking forward and will post upon returning

Posted by
9 posts

Posted by
9 posts