Please sign in to post.

Madrid neighborhoods & apartments

Please recommend neighborhoods or apartments to rent in Madrid. I'm traveling in May and I'll check out VRBO and Rick Steves suggested apartment connection. Restaurants and distance to the Prado and other sites are a consideration but walking is a pleasure for me.

Posted by
1501 posts

Since no one's responded, I'd check VRBO and indicate you want the Prado neighborhood. I'd prefer to be at the Porta del Sol neighborhood, because it's more centrally located. You can walk either to the Prado or to the Royal Palace and many other places from there because of its location.

Posted by
1501 posts

I just realized you posted a "Question" on the Trip Reports Thread. You need to go to the Spain link and post this question there. This is probably why I'm the only one who responded.

Posted by
1527 posts

We prefer the Latina neighborhood as it provides an artsy akeptic vibe. The old town tourist area of Madrid is relatively small so we never felt like we were walking very far to get to our destinations. Keep in mind Madrid has an excellent subway system. Also we value seeking places which provide a greater opportunity for quiet accomodations.