Please sign in to post.

turkey

My sister wants to travel to turkey this summer -- about June 3 or so. I am a little nervous about going to this country -- any suggestions? thoughts?

Posted by
7209 posts

Suggestion: Get over your fears. We just took 15 high school students in June. No problem at all. 100% enjoyable.

Posted by
1203 posts

You will not get the responses you are looking for on this site as this is for people who are writing about the vacation they took, not about a vacation they want to take. You must post your question on the site for Turkey.
That being said, I just went on the RS Istanbul tour and loved it. It was an amazing city, very beautiful, exotic, everyone in the restaurants and hotels and shops spoke English. it was very crowded, there was a lot to do. Read the posts of people that went on the Turkey tours.

Posted by
2126 posts

Hi Becky We just got back from 3 weeks in Turkey and had a great time. Nothing to be nervous about. I wrote a long trip report called "Adventures in Turkey" that you might be interested in reading. If you have specific questions, post them on the "To The East" section of this helpline.

Posted by
18 posts

Turkey
hello
my husband went to Turkey Sept 17 thru Oct 5, he had a great time, he went with a tour but he felt very safe everywhere and said it was an amazing country, lots of spectacular ruins etc. dont miss the hot air balloon ride over Cappadoccia. It will be hot though in June, very hot! He is used to the heat and he said it was very hot even in late september so you may want to reconsider the time frame unless you don't mind the heat.
Sandra