Please sign in to post.

hotel in munich

We have never been to Munich, Germany. I need a hotel for 2 nights, we do not have a car, just need basics, and would like to be within walking distance (1/2 to 1 mile) of things. Be arriving by plane from Bern on June 6, 2013. We are staying June 6 & 7. We appear to be too late to get rooms mentioned in RickSteves' travel book. Presently, looking at Hotel Atlanta. Is this a good hotel and is it located close to the sites? Any input is welcome especially other hotel suggestions.... Thanks.

Posted by
731 posts

Hi Douglas, Just wanted to let you know that you posted this question under the "Trip Reports" section, so you probably won't get a lot of responses. If you delete this posting and re-post under "To the West", I'm sure you'll get lots of helpful responses!

Posted by
3 posts

I stayed at the Hotel Atlanta and loved it. They staff is helpful, the hotel is clean and very centrally located. You might also try the Muenchner Kindl. Good luck and have a terrific trip.

Posted by
21 posts

We bid on priceline for our hotel in Munich in summer 2011. I think we bid around $60 US and stayed at a Marriott property. It was very close to the metro and had everything we needed. Priceline isn't for everyone but it worked for us in this particular case.