Please sign in to post.

travel partner in France, 30 Sep to 8 Oct 2012

I will be touring France from 30 Sep to 8 Oct 2012. I have booked a flight into Paris (CDG) that arrives at 7:30 a.m. and will pick up my rental car at the airport. I plan to visit many different places in Normandy and the Loire valley before returning to Paris for the flight home. I would love to have a travel companion to share rental car expenses and possibly lodging (that would depend on our comfort levels with each other), My itenerary is ambitious: Rouen, Honfleur (overnight), Caen, Bayeux (overnight), Normandy beaches and St Lo, Mont St. Michel (overnight) Fougeres, Vitre (overnight ?), Angers, Saumur, Amboise, Blois (2 overnights), Orleans, then back to Paris. According to Google maps, 750 miles +/- in 8 days. I may be trying to squeeze too much into 8 days but I will prioritize the WWII Normady areas and the chateauxs of the Loire Valley and drop other areas if time becomes a problem. I have made hotel reservation in Paris and in Blois but am still looking for other rooms (some will probably be last minute). About me in brief, I live in Kentucky (will be flying out of Nashville on American Airlines), am 57 years old, full time high school teacher, part time university teacher. I spent over 20 years in the military and have 40 years of travel experience (39 countries thus far). I have been to France several times before but on this trip everything is new to me except Paris. I do not speak French and would love to travel with someone who does. My trip is 28 days away so the chance of finding someone for some or all of my planned stops is probably slim. I have never travelled with a stranger before but I am willing to try this to see if it might work. Look forward to hearing from anyone who might be interested.

Posted by
1 posts

Hi, I hope your trip is going very well! If you take another trip overseas and want a fine travel companion, give me a hollerI am 65yo female, youthful and enthusiastic, and my email is youngatart1@yahoo.com. I have been wanting to do walking/biking/barging touring thru France, easy pace and enjoy the local folks, foods, wines, and view the art/architecture, etc. Would be a Lot more enjoyable with a compatible guy! Karen