Please sign in to post.

Travel partner for Toarmina sicily in September 2015

Hello,

I'll be traveling to Toarmina, sicily on the 18th of September for one week. I am female solo traveler and would love to find a travel buddy to join me. So if anyone is up for that, or already has been to Toarmina and has tips, suggestions, ideas etc please let me know.
Thanks!

Posted by
11294 posts

I will be in Spain then, but I can say I'm very jealous! Taormina was magic, and of the parts of Sicily I got to, my favorite. I only had three nights, so a week sounds great! There's a large grocery store near the post office, if you want to buy food outside of restaurants. Be prepared for lots of hiking up and down the town (the main drag is flat, but little else is). And even though the cruise ships disgorge lots of people at midday, they're concentrated at the Greco-Roman theater, which is large enough to absorb them.

If you're interested in going up Mt. Etna, be sure to pick a day with good visibility (the one day we had allotted for this was cloudy so we had to skip it).

Posted by
2 posts

Which tour guide would you recommend for the Mt Etna tour? I've heard SAT tours are good, but I'm not sure whether to go with a tour company or take the risk of going by public transport and doing it in my own. Do you know if buses or trains go up there?

Thanks
Nesh

Posted by
11294 posts

As I said, we ended up not going up, as the weather wasn't good on the allotted day. So I can't recommend or compare methods. I do know that even if you drive yourself there, you can only go up so far on your own; to go up further, you have to take a cable car and then a jeep tour.