Please sign in to post.

Solo in France (and/or neighboring countries) Oct-Nov 2019, would like to find touring companion

I'd love to find another woman (or women) traveling solo in Northern France and adjacent areas between mid Oct-mid Nov 2019. I'm in my 50s, but not "old" - I'm fit, energetic, youthful and adventurous, and could keep up with a 20-something if I had to! I would like to tour with someone in my age range who can also "go the mile." My interests are primarily historical sites and cathedrals - food and wine tours are of lesser interest to me, but I'd go along with that if it interested a companion. (I also speak a high-intermediate level of French.)

PM me if interested!

Posted by
517 posts

Hi Lisalu,
I hope you find someone to travel with you. I saw on another thread that your husband cannot travel with you, so understand that you are looking for someone to travel with. You sound like someone interesting to travel with. Good luck with your search!

Posted by
230 posts

Thank you! Yes, he will be with me the first three weeks, then he has to get back to work. I'll be staying on another five weeks without him. I have plenty of people to visit in France, but most of them also have full time jobs and can't really take off for visiting historic sites with me during the week.

Posted by
13 posts

Hi Lisalu,
I just booked a flight to Nice and plan to explore hilltop villages all the way up to the Ardeche. Two weeks with a car. I see you mentioned northern France but I'd love to have company:-)) I'm about your age and have traveled extensively but it always feels like the first time!