Please sign in to post.

Retired woman looking for female travel companion to see France wine districts April-May, 2015

Young(ish) retired woman looking for female traveling companion to see France wine districts by car April-May, 2015. Flexible schedule. Would like to drive to the various wine regions and spend 2 or 3 days exploring each one. Can start from just about any area, but will most likely be flying into Paris. If you know a bit of French, that would be awesome! :)
MDx60

Posted by
3 posts

Am putting together travel plans for Germany, France & Italy probably beginning in April so we might be a good fit. Been thinking of doing Steve's Paris tour because no longer feel safe traveling alone there. I have driven all over the UK including Ireland and Scotland so have no problem with that & I have a lot of time. Can't see going so far to stay for 14 days. I usually travel for six weeks before facing that Polar flight back to Seattle.

Posted by
6 posts

OK. Keep me posted. I am working on my itinerary. I hope to make my plane reservation tomorrow.
Maybe we can meet somewhere and do a few tours togethet along the way. I plan to be spontaneous as much as my comfort level will allow. :) I am very excited!
I haven't decided whether I want to do my tour counterclockwise or clockwise through the wine districts from Paris. What are your thoughts?
MDx60

Posted by
6 posts

BTW, I spent 3 weeks in Germany last May. It was awesome! Toured Bavaria, Rhine, Mosel, and Salzburg regions. I had a friend that lives there show me around. That made a lot of difference having an insider's view.

Posted by
3 posts

Exactly what date are you booking your flight...I am just in the planning stage so need an idea where to start. Are you planning on flying into Paris? I am a numbers person so no foreign languages...

Posted by
3 posts

Don't know how to contact you by personal email or telephone which would be much simpler then this forum...any suggestions. I might call Rick's office but not sure what their policies are but will try

Posted by
13937 posts

There is a Private Message function on this forum. Click on the person's name which should be highlighted in blue. There is a choice there to "Send a Private Message" where you can communicate without an audience.