Please sign in to post.

Poland April 2014

Hi, I'm looking for female travel buddy 30+ to explore Poland with. I'm a 34 SWF with a flexible schedule and desire to travel. I'm a non smoker, social drinker. Not into the party scene and tend to keep to myself in social situations but would enjoy the company of another female. I enjoy the city as well as the countryside and am pretty much up for trying anything once. Would like to visit Warsaw, Krakow, Auschwitz and explore places off the beaten path too. Someone who has been to Poland or Europe would be a huge plus. Lets plan this! Kimberly

Posted by
4 posts

Hi Kimberly, I will be traveling to Poland to do genealogical research and plan on staying for approx 3 months, but in Summer/Fall of 2015, not 2014. I am fine with traveling solo, but it would be nice to have company. I am an older lady ( 57), but gutsy and motivated. Though I am quiet, I am not shy about speaking with the locals. I am not a partyer, but enjoy visiting local, non- touristy pubs for local wines/beer and talking with local residents. I will be examining church records in the northeastern part of Poland, and city records in Warsaw. And where ever else the trail may lead. I am interested in the history (political boundaries) at the time my family immigrated from the Russian partioned area during the Bolshevik Revolution so would also like to see the same places you like. I will hunker down in a non-touristy area, probably near Łomza to set up my "Base of Operations". I am learning Polish and Russian in the meantime so I can translate documents, and could be helpful in getting around. Let me know if you are interested. My plans are flexible.